Regulatory Compliance Officer
We are seeking an experienced International Trade Regulatory Compliance Officer with in-depth knowledge of the beauty industry and international trade regulations across multiple regions, including Africa, South America, Middle-East and Europe. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in ensuring our company's compliance with international trade laws and regulations, minimizing risks, and optimizing our global supply chain operations. This position is essential in maintaining our international operations and ensuring that compliance and legal regulatory requirements are met within the beauty industry international trade.
*Salary is negotiable and can be discussed during further discussion
Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing compliance policies and procedures to ensure our products adhere to industry regulations in the United States and globally.
- Conducting regular product compliance audits to identify and address potential issues in various international markets.
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant laws and regulations, domestically and internationally, and advising the company on necessary changes to maintain compliance, including product and brand registrations.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure product compliance at all stages of development, with a focus on international requirements.
- Handling communications with regulatory agencies in different countries and overseeing any necessary submissions or documentation, including product and brand registrations.
- Maintaining records and documentation related to both domestic and international product compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3+ years of experience in regulatory compliances or similar fields.
- Proven experience in regulatory compliance, ideally within the beauty or cosmetics industry, with a strong emphasis on international compliance and product or brand registrations.
- Strong knowledge of industry regulations and laws, both domestic and international.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical mindset.
- Proven experience in international trade compliance within the beauty industry or similar industry.
- In-depth knowledge of international trade regulations, custom procedures, and any legal classification in regions including Africa, South America, and Europe.
- Must have proficient drafting and legal technical skills with keen attention to details.
- Must be able to work cross functionally with various departments including but not limited to Sales (National & OTC), Marketing, Sales Planning etc…
- Able to explain complex legal concerns in easy to digest terms to align internal constituencies.
- Excellent and solid communication and collaboration skills